Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mt. Batulao

The cool breeze same as of Tagaytay plus the spectacular view of the mountain range and fields around Mt. Batulao sets her as my most favorite mountain I've climbed so far. I fell in love with this mountain the first time I saw it when I'm browsing the internet for Caleruega. Then the dream of getting there started to flow in my spirit.  And fortunately last November, I had the chance to make this dream a reality.


Though the plan of climbing Batulao has reached me shortly before the scheduled date, I did not hesitate to join. Kasi naman baka abutin na naman ng matagal na panahon bago ulit magka-schedule dito kaya sige sugod na! Haha. Anyway, I joined the second batch of our group that will trek during the night since they are occupied during the day just like me, so its kinda convenient on my part. To get there, we took the bus bound for Nasugbu, Batangas in Pasay Terminal. It costs us P110. After a 3 hours trip, the bus dropped us off to Evercrest Golf Club Resort (Jump-off). You may hire a tricycle that will take you to the end of the road. But in our case, we decided to get there on foot.


It is my first time to do a night climb, and it's really exciting. The main advantage of hiking at night I think is that you will not get tired easily and you can reach the summit in less time since you have a little photo opportunity, hehe. Not like the first three climbs I had, there was no rain that night. And the view of constellations are just magnificent to behold. The trail is very well-established but it is important that you wear long pants or tights since Mt. Batulao is mostly covered by cogon grass. Our night trek was fun and 'cool', thanks to the cool breeze of Batulao and to our newly met friends Reg, Kat and Jessa. They've also shared their night snack with us. Hehe, ang PG (Patay-gutom). We reached Camp 10 at 130AM and I think we slept at 3AM.




At the morning, Mt. Batulao greeted me with her panoramic view of boulder formations as well as the plains of Cavite and Batangas. A great view plus a hot coffee in the morning is just perfect to start the day. We started our ascent to the summit at 1030AM and got there after an hour since we spent most of our time in posing for pictures. Haha. My most favorite part of the trail is the roped segment that is part of the old trail. There are also stores on some part of the trail that sells water, mountain dew soda, buko juice and even halo-halo. Kulit di ba! Hehe.



All in all, Mt. Batulao is perfect for anybody who wants a minor climb with beautiful views to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment